Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Like we never left


It's amazing how you can pick up just where you left. Julie now lives in Phoenix so we got to see her and I spent the weekend being inspired with/by Melissa. Chris calls her my "expensive" friend. She has balance, knows how to keep a hobby, a hobby. I however, tend to become obsessed with certain "hobbies" that she clues me into. Hence- the "expensive" part. She knows it's ok to make a purse or two. But I can't stop there, everyone I know needs a purse and then I must buy fabric for 50 or so other purses, in the case that I ever find myself with nothing to do. Same for skirts, scrapbooking "stuff" and oh yes, quilts. Can't blame Melissa for that one, quilting obsession I formed all on my own . . . sort of. Like I always say- "it's cheeper than therapy". That one isn't holding anymore though, need a new one. How about "Will work for fabric!"

4 comments:

  1. hmm....
    well I guess there are worse things he could call me than the "expensive friend"...
    I was totally going to blog about you going with me!!! I just gone one post up yesterday before I had to go pick up all my kiddos!!! You know that was the TRUE highlight of my trip :-) I was just going to put it up on my family blog.. but I'll put it up on my crafty one too :-)


    So where is this Mindi & Co. blog... I wanna see!!! I want to see your bags! I'd love to see what you are working on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok re- read that--- it was not clear- meant to say... going with you was the TRUE highlight of my trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this "expensive" friend the same one that got you into Stampin up? I remember hearing about her! Seriously, it looks like you had the BEST time. I was totally thinking about you last Saturday wondering how your last day there was going!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K., for starters I really like your "expensive friend", because now I have the cutest bag, the girlies have matching tiny versions of my bag, the boys have their camo DS traveling bags, and the twins have really wonderful twirly skirts with super cute matching bags.

    I know you just got back from your whirlwind crafty infused weekend and you are dying to dive in and start all these new crafty projects, sooooooooo my question to you is . . . when can I take your kids?

    ReplyDelete