Monday, March 23, 2009

"Mama knows things... usually"

Our family loves to go to the movies. We're usually running a little late so the current method is for Chris to drop of me & boys off at the door to get tickets, while he parks the car with Ethany and Aubrielle stays at home so that she can enjoy her unlimited texting & sleeping within the walls of her own bedroom, far from annoying siblings and embarrassing parents. Trust me, it's just easier this way. So anyway, this particular day Chris had asked if I would get the boys seated and come back out with their tickets, Oh and would I please get them some popcorn & drinks. Sure, I hurried the boys in the theatre, noticed that previews had already started and the theatre seemed quite bare for the premier of Madagascar 2 on a Saturday afternoon, oh well, I had a job to do. I tell the boys "Sit here and don't get up!" I notice a few dirty looks as I leave. "What!? I'm coming back!!" I thought to myself, but clearly didn't spend enough time "thinking" to myself otherwise I would have seen the obvious.
Chris & Ethany meet me as I'm paying for the drinks, which took a good 7 to 10 minutes. I say that because it's important. We walk toward the theatre and I notice the theatre we are assigned to looks suspiciously different than the one I put the boys in. It's all becoming clear. Yes, I forced my boys to watch about 15 minutes of "WANTED". I ran into the theatre and they were both wide eyed (Elijah more so than Caleb- naturally) & on the edge of their seat, they saw me jumped up & yelled "You put us in a rated R movie!. . . They said the F-word a LOT. . .Why did you do that?. . . This is for adults only!... It seems like a parent shouldn't do that." I'll let you figure out which boy said what, not hard if you know them. So there you have it, and now whenever I give any advice followed by the usualy warning "Mama knows things" Elijah will add, "Uhh, not always."

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. I hope you enjoy it. It was fun talking to you last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you started a blog... i've missed your parenting adventures... no story though will top the duct tape and CPS one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're saying Madagascar doesn't start out like that?!?!
    Wow, that's definitely a blogging story!

    ReplyDelete