Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birthday Bob


Bob had her 15th birthday on June 13th. We took the kids to the "octanefest" in Fallon. No it was not Bob's choice to spent the evening at a white trash convention for her birthday, and she let us know it, but that is how things go when you're not an only child. Don't worry, she has more than made up for it. Her birthday dinner was last night and her friends are coming over Friday to party, she knows how to milk it. We gave her some money in a card last night and I just had to share the little ditty her dad jotted down before giving it to her. It took about 5 minutes I think. Please keep in mind, the man hasn't written a "non-sarcastic" piece of literature since our dating days. I don't expect that to change anytime soon, I love it:

My dearest Daughter-
To Gaze upon your lovely angelic face is to contemplate the eternities.
To wander throught the wonderous maze of your bedroom floor is to unravel the complexities of beauty.
To listen to your soothing voice take upon you the nane of your eyeliner is to fathom devotion.
To hear the enchanting music of your soul thump the floorboards in the ill-formed phrasing & dubious grammar is to marvel at your empathy for things lowly.
To behold you rise like noonday sun (or, let's say 12:30) is to bask in radiance, provided the door is unlocked.
And to donate to your birthday cause this token of our affection is to respectfully forbid any lewd I-tunes, clunky emo footwear, random hair-dye colors, makeup, or bus fare.
We love you- Papa & "Mindi" ( she goes by "Mama")

Yes, tons of inside refrences there. But if you have a teenager I'm sure you can relate to at least a couple. The card got a smile/almost giggle. We consider it a success. Her quote of the week "I swear on my eye-liner!" We love our Bobbi-lou.

2 comments:

  1. CLASSIC CLASSIC CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have a teenager and EVERYTHING was funny to me. Maybe because I understand Chris' humor.
    But seriously, WHO TOOK THAT PICTURE?!?!? It looks like a CD cover or a magazine cover! I love the colors on it. It's super pretty of her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any pic you see of Bob has been taken by herself, and adjusted. She has quite a talent for it. NOBODY ELSE is allowed to take her picture. I have many a hand-in-front-of-the-face shots to prove it.

    ReplyDelete