Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Caleb

Caleb's cute comment happened before the meeting took place. I was telling the kids that we were going to have the chance to meet an apostle. Caleb got very excited and asked "Is he one of the three that chose to live forever?" Later he wrote in his journal exactly this, "the eposole asked for our family persinly. But just 10 minets or longer. This might be the only time that I could see him. We will be seeing him after church! the eposle that we will meet might become the profit, I think that he's about 50 or 40. Wate I almost forgot, his name is Elder Neil L. Andersen."
Caleb did the sweetest thing. Our time was up and I knew Elder Andersen hadn't eaten in hours and had a plane to catch. He asked if he could leave our family with a prayer. As he stood, we all bowed our heads and Caleb quietly asked "Could you pray for our Uncle Ted?" He paused, sat back down, put his hand on Caleb's knee and said "Tell me about your Uncle Ted". Caleb informed him that "He's the doctor that delivered me and now he has a really bad disease." He stayed for a minute longer as we told him about my Uncle Ted who has Lou Gehrigs disease. It was such a sweet, tender moment.

3 comments:

  1. That IS the sweetest thing!!!!!!!!! What was he there for? Stake conference thing or what? Could he visited with you because the my letter I sent to him explaining the insane level of TALENT my sis-in-law has? Hmmmmmm. What a sweetheart to think of Ted.
    I was JUST going to harass you last night about not posting anything lately. Good thing I didn't, or you probably wouldn't have posted anything on account of not doing it JUST FOR ME!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there's more still coming. You know me- all or nothin'. He just happened to be assigned to our Stake for an unscheduled Stake Conference. It was weird but we didn't complain. Apparently they have a plan for a general authority or apostle to visit every stake in the world, it will take years. Still posting, but I had to do it backwards so it came out frontwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all: when did we get old enough to have 15 & 16-year-old daughters?? Happy birthday to her--what a beautiful girl.

    And meeting with Elder Andersen? What an amazing, sweet experience for all of you. I was trying to think but my brain doesn't remember these kinds of things: was he Chris's mission president?

    Have a happy summer!

    ReplyDelete