Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Elijah- "Won't you be dead by then?"


When Elder Andersen asked Elijah what his interests and talents were he replied "I love nature, and I play video games". Nice huh- he also plays the guitar, piano and is an amazing artist but the video games will embarrass the parents the most so he went with that. :) Although, Neil did say that his son (or son-in-law) was one of the game designers at EA games so I guess he didn't mind. Later, we wrote letters to thank him for visiting with us. Elijah's said this; "Dear Mr. Ansersen, thank you for meeting with us. I have been working on my lizard catching skills. I hope that one day you can catch a lizard too. Oh and, I have a new talent, it's being healthy." Elijah hasn't gone to bed this summer without doing his push-ups first.
Elder Andersen said several times "We're going to be friends forever". He said he wants to know when the kids graduate, get married, get their mission call etc. Elijah called him on it- "Won't you be dead by then?" He replied "No, I'm going to be around a while, do you know that MY mission President is still alive?" Caleb couldn't resist. . . "Was HE in the book of mormon?" Refer to Caleb's blog entry for further understanding. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment